vrijdag 24 september 2010

Friday 24th September 2010

This morning I woke early, with the plan to walk to the bus at 9.45 am. I had to be at school at 10.30 am. At once it struck me that I should leave half an hour sooner to be there in time, which was not possible anymore. Luckily I got a lift, and was here before the start of the lesson.

In a minute I will work on an editorial essay for the subject 'Muckraking Media'. It is astonishing to notice, attending this subject, how media is designed to influence the people. Just last week we learned how movies and series are shown on the televion in order to get us watching while the commercials are broadcasted (no one would watch when there'd be only commercials, except the people who already watch the tellsell time). Or: did you know, while in Europe every media was sceptic about the proof that Iraq had mass-weapons, the US media all praised the strong evidence, telling that nothing could debunk it, and that war was inevitable because of these mass weapons?

I have to go and do some work by now. Have a nice day, and thank you for reading my first blog-post.

Geen opmerkingen: